Laacke & Joys Company
Come grow your skills with an Exciting, Diverse, and Growing company!
As a manufacturer of custom sewn products for industrial and medical applications as well as heavy duty office chairs for 24/7 use, LJ Design & Manufacturing is a unique and great place to work. We have an inclusive and collaborative culture that places our employees at the heart of what we do. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages that include salary with benefits. Our team is currently seeking a General Manager for our custom sewn products division.
As the general manager you will oversee several elements of the custom sewing business, which include project management, design and engineering, quality control, and operations. Some of those functions would, for the short-term be shared with the Concept Seating division. Do you have a track record of success in leading and developing teams, and consider yourself a well-round individual that also has a passion for developing customer projects? If you said yes, this is the position for you!
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day operations, ensuring efficiency, safety, and quality standards are met, and that staff efficiently work together to deliver on the business’s objectives.
- Develop and implement operational strategies to improve processes and achieve company goals.
- Monitor and manage budgets, financial performance, and cost control measures
- Collaborate with the executive team to drive business growth and expansion
- Implement best practices and standards for operational efficiency and productivity
- Drive initiatives that improve the overall performance and reputation of the company
- The ability and passion to learn quickly and understand all of the elements of the division
- The ability to analyze and interpret data, and create detailed reports
- A broad working knowledge of productions and the ability to effectively support and manage the change and growth of the same.
- Working knowledge of product design, not necessarily an engineer or designer
- A strong grasp of an execution methodology that ranges from the vision to the maximization of the net income and cash flow of the division
- Generate leads and leverage existing network to grow product sales, build client relationships, set targets to hit or exceed revenue forecasts, and ultimately meet customer needs.
- Maintain a strong focus on client satisfaction and building and nurturing client relationships.
- 4-year degree in Business or related field desired; (Management, Marking, Sales, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience as a General Manager; preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational abilities
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing employees
- A knowledge that the people make companies successful
To apply for this job please visit www.milwaukeejobs.com.